[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Errant Heart Discussion Forum • View topic - Do you have a particular "theme" that you like best?

Do you have a particular "theme" that you like best?

An archive for all the forum discussions that took place prior to it becoming dedicated to Errant Heart.

Do you have a particular "theme" that you like best?

Postby Angra Mainyu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:38 am

Ah, there we go...

Managed to enable the other themes for the forum.

So, if you want to test out what's been installed (and voice your opinion about which one you like best), click on your "User Control Panel". Then go to the "Board preferences" tab. In the "Edit global settings" section you should see an entry called "My board style". You can pick and try out the various themes from that drop-down box.
Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Re: Do you have a particular "theme" that you like best?

Postby moxie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:04 pm

I went through all the options, and I found myself just going back and setting it to the main "sky blue" theme. I don't have a lot of scrolling to do, like that huge page with the buildings on it, and it's a simple, pretty layout.
moxie

Postby Angra Mainyu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Yeah, Sky Blue is my favorite as well. I think the biggest advantage it has going for it is the fact that it can adapt to different screen resolutions. Most of the others are hard-coded and look pretty narrow on higher resolution monitors. If this were 1998 and 14" 1024x768 monitors were the norm, it wouldn't be much of an issue. But these days?

Soul_City is cool. I think it'd look especially nice with some custom graphics. But it can't expand past a specific width. Plus user names disappear amidst the white background on the main page.

Dirtyboard 2.0 has an interesting design. But I think it's just a little too different. Don't want to disorient people.

SubSilver2 is the default. It's pretty blah. Although, it does have the benefit of being the same layout as Lemmasoft.

Pro Silver is also pretty blah. Plus I don't like having user names/avatars on the right side of the screen.

Revolution has a nice, minimalistic design to it. But again, it's got user names on the right, plus it can't expand to accommodate wider screen resolutions.
Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Postby Angra Mainyu » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Unless anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions, I'm going to lock down the theme to Sky Blue next week.
Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Postby Jake » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Jake

Postby Angra Mainyu » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Return to Old Archive