[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Errant Heart Discussion Forum • View topic - How general should General be?

How general should General be?

An archive for all the forum discussions that took place prior to it becoming dedicated to Errant Heart.

How general should General be?

Postby Angra Mainyu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:11 am

So, we've got a good start on sub sections around here. And I believe, taken as a whole, they allow for appropriate categorization of topics and discussion, with perhaps one exception: General.

My original assumption was that the General section would really be more for "off topic" random discussion about anything non-VN-related. But now I have to wonder...So far, it's served as a general discussion for VN-related topics. That's fine by me. But should there be a section meant for general off-topic discussion about what-have-you?

As they say, familiarity breeds contempt. And I'm curious if the relatively wide-open, wide-ranging discussions on LSF have hurt it, rather than helped it. It's got a General forum for those off-topic discussions. Plus other forums for discussion about other forms of Japanese-related media. By having those forums, does it lure in a...clientele that isn't necessarily looking to discuss issues surrounding creation of EVNs, or even VNs in general? And does that user base build up to the point where it overwhelms the original user base—who was there for discussion about EVNs—and thus, we end up with the messy state that LSF is in right now?

On the flip side, having a "casual" forum where people can chit chat about whatever seems like a reasonable idea. If the place is only about "business" or "shop talk", perhaps that would create the appearance of being a little too intimidating and standoff-ish?
Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Re: How general should General be?

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Jake

Postby Hime » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Hime

Postby Auro-Cyanide » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Hmmm, I don't mind too much either way. I prefer if discussion is relevant. So anything about stories, visuals, games, markets, players, mechanics, and all the things that are related to what we do and what we think about. I mean, that is why I liked the idea of this place and I think that is the reason as to why we are here in the first place. However, I'm not against people wanting to have general non-related conversation either, though preferably in a sub forum just for the sake of navigation.
The other 1/2 of l l l
Auro-Cyanide

Postby Angra Mainyu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Return to Old Archive