[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Errant Heart Discussion Forum • View topic - NaNoRenO?

NaNoRenO?

An archive for all the forum discussions that took place prior to it becoming dedicated to Errant Heart.

NaNoRenO?

Postby Jake » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:51 am

I shouldn't have to explain myself here... anyone on this forum taking part in NaNo this year?

I'm sitting on the fence about it myself; my problem is that I keep thinking up ideas, thinking "yeah, that would work", then "hey, and it'd be better if I did added this one element that would make it unlikely to fit into a month", and then "meh. Ok, I'd better think of something else, then, keep that other idea for later"...
Jake

Re: NaNoRenO?

Postby Camille » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Auro and I are taking a break from BCM for a month to do a game for NaNo. The plot's been planned out, the characters have been designed, the GUI's been mocked up... We're pretty much ready to start officially working on it once Thursday rolls around. We're definitely prepared, I think... As much as we can be without actually starting any real work on it.

After working so hard on a huge long-term project like BCM for 6+ months, I think it'll be nice to work on something totally different (not to mention much more simple) for a little bit. The hardest part is definitely stopping ourselves from feature creeping. The concept of our NaNo game is fairly simple, but it has the potential to become a behemoth if we let it. :| Keeping it small so that it's something we can actually finish it in a month is key.
1/2 of .
Camille

Postby Auro-Cyanide » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 am

The good thing about doing the art is that as long as I get the sprites done technically everything else will still work. Everything after that is bonus. I am going to attempt to do everything we have planned though, sprites, backgrounds and CGs... and there are a couple special things we would like to try out, but only if we have time *back feature creep, back I say!*

Ahem. But yes, I'm really looking forward to it since we are having a lot of fun with the plot... and I get to draw cute guys.
The other 1/2 of l l l
Auro-Cyanide

Postby Jake » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:46 am

Jake

Return to Old Archive