[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Errant Heart Discussion Forum • View topic - Break Chance Memento

Break Chance Memento

An archive for all the forum discussions that took place prior to it becoming dedicated to Errant Heart.

Re: Break Chance Memento

Postby Angra Mainyu » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:02 am

I can appreciate the slight simplification of the menus. I'd actually advocate a complete redesign - but I understand how unrealistic that'd be at this point. So any modifications that streamline the existing versions are welcomed...Er, not that my word means much, but there you are.

As for the side sprites, they look like a nice additions. The only real comment I have is about Ms. Ex-girlfriend. That seems like a pretty classy "little black dress". Is that that the standard-issue school uniform for the girls? Must be a seriously fashion-minded school. :lol:
Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Re: Break Chance Memento

Postby Auro-Cyanide » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:23 am

Haha, as someone who was once a high school girl, I can say we would have probably approved of LBD uniforms. That's her casual outfit though, since she doesn't go to their school. I have the girl uniform around somewhere... Oh yeah, here it is:

I'm starting to work on backgrounds again, and the process has been significantly speed up because Samu-kun has allowed me to use some of the photos that he took in Japan.

Something else I should mention is that we have decided to do individual sprite tinting. What we have been doing previously is place a tinted layer over a whole scene, so all the sprites had an orange tint in sunset scenes for instance. This is a generally easy way, but restricted in what I could do since I could only use opacity vs the layer modes in photoshop. So now I'm going to be giving each sprite a tinted layer that is specifically suited to a scene. Which means each sprite will be getting adjustment layers for each background for each light variation. Yep. It will be a little fiddlely and I won't be able to do them until a) I have all the backgrounds and sprites finished and b) Camille tells me specifically who is going to be where when (or in the case of main characters, may not be somewhere). It's extra work, but it should look really, really nice. Also figured out that we will probably have to have a set of close-up sprites for when the characters are, ah, closer to the camera? The example below is a very quick and dirty example, but it get the idea across.

The other 1/2 of l l l
Auro-Cyanide

Previous

Return to Old Archive