[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Errant Heart Discussion Forum • View topic - So, whaddya think?

So, whaddya think?

An archive for all the forum discussions that took place prior to it becoming dedicated to Errant Heart.

So, whaddya think?

Postby Shirou » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:23 am

So if you've found your way here, you almost certainly read through that blog post about creating a forum for the more learned VN creators. So, what do you think?

Does it have a snowball's chance in hell? Would you like to see more forums added? You think the structure of the "Artist Directory" is a dumb idea? Commenting on anything that comes to mind would be most appreciated.
Shirou

Re: So, whaddya think?

Postby moxie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:32 am

I definitely think there's a lot of potential for the kind of place you want to create.
(hi, by the way, first post and all. ^_^)
I've been hanging around LSF for a little over two years now, and though I love the community, I would appreciate a place that is more... centered, I suppose? It's a great place to start out, but in a community that big, it's easy to feel a little lost. A smaller, more concise community is a welcome change from the 'big city'. I haven't posted much over there, and only recently gotten an account, because of the large community. A lot of my questions can be answered just by doing a little digging anyway, and the things I have to say now I know will probably just get lost in the deluge of other users' posts. But I feel that interacting with other people, getting to know them and how they make games, would be a great way for me to learn, as well.

I like the idea of experienced game makers with the purpose of advancing in their skills coming together to help each other out. I want to get better, much better, at making VNs, and I think it's a great media that has so much room to grow and expand.
I think having a directory of specific skillsets is a great idea. It would be easier for me to track down what sort of thing I wanted, what kind of person I'd like to talk to, a starting place for people who might be interested in commissions, etc.

I think the size of this place now is just right. It can certainly be expanded as the needs of the community grow, but just a few people in a big forum may make it look a bit empty. I think keeping it focused, without a lot of tangent subforums, is more streamlined and uncluttered.

To sum up, I think it's a great idea, I like the forum, and I'll be sticking around. =)
moxie

Postby Auro-Cyanide » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:45 am

Welcome on board moxie, glad to see you here ^_^

I have a suggestion for the forum. Do you think it would be a good idea to organise tags now, while there only a couple people here? Just simple once used in the titles of threads so everything will be a little easier to read?
The other 1/2 of l l l
Auro-Cyanide

Postby nubbycakes » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:43 am

I approve of this idea. Anything that encourages more focused discussion in the scene is always welcome. I think the structure of the forums as it is right now is quite fine. Making too many main forums makes everything look disorganized and unwelcoming. The splitting of the artist forums seems just about right as well. As moxie said, the forums can be split even further as the needs of its members grow.

I'm not sure if a WIP forum is really necessary, however. Pytom is questioning the raison d'etre of such a forum in LSF as I post this. If it must exist, I think it should be made clear what its primary purpose is in order to avoid confusion and unnecessary tension.
nubbycakes

Postby Angra Mainyu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:32 am

Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Postby Auro-Cyanide » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:49 am

The other 1/2 of l l l
Auro-Cyanide

Postby Angra Mainyu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:56 am

Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Postby Camille » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:30 pm

I feel like there aren't really enough VNs being made to justify separate critique and pimp forums for projects. If you're not looking for feedback on something, why bother posting it at all? I kind of like the idea of having a WIP forum for people to get overall feedback on their project and then having a critique forum for people to ask more specific questions that may or may not be related to a project (ie: what do you think of this story, do you think sprites should blink, etc).

Also, once you start thinking too much about the perspective of non-creators, you start running into the same problems that LSF is having. People who only want to play VNs have plenty of places to look: VNDB, the Completed Games section of LSF... They don't need yet another place to look at, especially if the same games are going to be posted in all these places anyway.
1/2 of .
Camille

Postby Jake » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Jake

Postby Angra Mainyu » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 am

Angra Mainyu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Old Archive